Wednesday, August 14, 2013

BREAKFAST AND LUNCH REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE!



Last night, as a treat with dinner, we had some very fresh peaches, given to us recently by a friend and co-worker. They were DELICIOUS. I found myself thinking about them all evening. Should I go get more, I thought? Maybe just a few. No…I would tell myself, I’ve been really good, and I don’t want to blow my diet now. Finally, it hit me that I had just packaged and frozen a bunch of those peaches, and had been waiting for the right moment to break open a bag to make a nice fresh smoothie!
Since I’ve been on a crusade to improve my health and appearance, I always seem to have fresh fruits and vegetables in the house. So I went foraging through the refrigerator drawers and started laying out the things that I felt would work well together. 

BREAKFAST AND LUNCH TODAY SMOOTHIE!

 1 Fuji Apple, cored
½ lemon, unpeeled
1 large navel orange, peeled
1 carrot
1 ½ bananas, frozen
1 cup (approx.) fresh frozen peaches
10-12 large fresh frozen strawberries
2 inches or so fresh pineapple, peeled, but with core left in
1 handful (probably 8-10 good sized leaves) fresh spinach
1 ½ inches (approx.) of fresh ginger, peeled
1 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. flax seeds
2 cups (more or less to desired consistency) almond milk

I put all the above in my own HealthMaster super blender and blended until smooth and creamy. One may need to alter the amount of liquid (almond milk) to a desired consistency. ENJOY!! I sure am enjoying mine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment